Dr. Jeff A. Joines
Associate Professor and Associate Department Head
Textile Engineering, Chemistry, and Science
Issues related to the optimization of complex systems, including:
- developing efficient stochastic search algorithms
- utilizing traditional search methods
- using and developing object-oriented simulation languages
- applying all these techniques to the design, control, and analysis of manufacturing and production systems.
Most Recent Publications
1. Joines, J., Roberts, S. D. (2012). Simulation Modeling with SIMIO: A workbook2nd ISBN: 978-0-9829782-2-1 and E-Book ISBN: 978-0-9829782-0-7 .
2. Sas, I., Gorga, R. E., Joines, J. A., Thoney, K. A. (2012). Literature review on superhydrophobic self-cleaning surfaces produced by electrospinning. J. Polym. Sci. B Polym. Phys , 50 .
3. Hartman, L., Joines, J. A., Thoney, K. A., King, R. (2012). The effect speed and replenishment flexibility has on overall costs of sourcing apparel products. Journal of the Textile Institute .
4. Hodge, G. L., Goforth, R. K., Joines, J. A., & Thoney, K. (2011). Adapting lean manufacturing principles to the textile industry.. Production Planning & Control , 22 (3) , 237-247.
5. Pasquinelli, M. A., Joines, J. A. (2011). Integrating Computing into thermodynamics: Lessons Learned. American Society of Engineering Education, 2011 annual Conference & Exposition .
Coming Soon :)
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1993-December, 1996s
Dissertation Title: "Hybrid Genetic Search for the Manufacturing Cell Design Problem"
- M.S. Industrial Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1991-1993
Thesis Title: "Manufacturing Cell Design Using Genetic Algorithms"
- B.S. Industrial Engineering and Electrical Engineering, NCSU, 1986-1990
- Attended North Davidson High School, Davidson County, NC, 1983-1986
The Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE)
Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
Evolutionary Programming Society (EPS)