The Zeis Textile Extension Education for Economic Impact Center was formed in November, 2006 by Steve Zeis, College of Textiles graduate, class of '62, and his wife Frosene of Asheville, NC. The center was established through two Centennial Scholarships with a $500,000 bequest and an additional $1M life income gift.
TexED Quick Facts - Fiscal Year 2009-2010
- 62 Textile Technology and Lean Six Sigma Courses taught
- 861 students taught
- Total Economic Impact of $34M
We serve a diverse customer base to advance economic development through collaborative partnerships and outreach, innovative textile and quality improvement education, and comprehensive textile prototyping and testing services.
The global extension leader in textile and quality improvement education, research and service to accelerate economic development.
- Customer Focus: We listen to our customers (both internal and external) and respond with positive passion to their needs.
- Integrity: We are honest and truthful in our communications with customers and within our team.
- Professionalism: We are technically competent in serving the customer.
- Innovation: We adapt to meet the current and future opportunities of our customers and our team.
- Environment: We respect and value each team member's diversity and are positive in our relationships, attitudes, and vision.
CompetenciesWhat we must do to ensure our existence
- Respond to customer needs
- Provide excellent instruction
- Add economic value