Knit and Woven Fabric Design and Development
Area hotels, maps, and directions
Geared for professionals in sourcing, product development, fabric development, production, and merchandising of fabrics, Knit and Woven Fabric Design and Development reviews the mechanics of weft and warp knitting and weaving, details fiber and yarn selection, discusses fabric types for developing end-use products and examines the relationship between fabric design and fabric properties. This course enhances the learning process with comprehensive design and fabric analysis exercises.
Please note: Closed-toed shoes are required while attending this course.
What you will learn:
- Key fabric properties for knits and wovens
- Which factors affect fabric properties
- Necessary steps in the production of fabrics
- Critical quality issues with specific fabrics
- How fabrics are designed
- How to develop specific fabric characteristics
- How to select fibers, yarns and fabric types to develop specific end-use products
- Different knit and woven constructions
- Set up for single and double needle bar warp knitting machines
- How weaving and knitting machinery operate during lab demonstrations