University Faculty Scholars Nominations
College of Textiles Nomination Process
For a 5 year period will carry the title of University Faculty Scholar and will receive a $10,000 per year stipend which may be used for supplemental salary or programmatic support.
The College of Textiles will submit two candidates for the Fall 2013 award period.
Nominations are limited to
- Assistant professors who have been reappointed for a second term
- All associate professors
- Full professors within the first three years of appointment at that rank.
- Significant promise or significant achievement in scholarly endeavors, including research, publications and presentations of research in the faculty member's area of expertise.
- Research promise, as reflected by level of external funding and invited presentations.
- High quality classroom teaching, as reflected by documented excellence in teaching, course and program improvement, and other activities that enhance the students' academic experience and career preparation.
- Demonstration of leadership potential, as reflected by service to the college, the university, within business and industry or the community.
- Current and potential visibility in the individual's discipline, as reflected by outreach, service and engagement in academic, professional or industry organizations.
- Each department head will solicit qualified nominations from all faculty in his or her department.
- The department head will use all tenured/non-eligible faculty members as an advisory group and discuss the merits of the candidates.
- The department head will make the final decision and submit to the dean, one nomination.
- The dean will review and approve the nominations and submit the final recommendations to the Provost and University Faculty Scholars Committee.
- Candidates may be self-nominated or nominated by a colleague.
- The candidate's nomination package to the dean must include:
- Current CV or RPT Dossier.
- Letter of nomination addressing the nominee's qualifications and potential.
- Letter of support from the nominee's department head.
- August 30, 2013 - Nominations and supporting documents due to College of Textiles Dean's office
- September 16, 2013 – College nominations due to the Office of the Provost
- October 25, 2013 – University advisory committee's recommendations due to the provost
- Late November 2013 – University Faculty Scholars named